top of page

 Emergency Financial Assistance 

The Veterans Service Commission provides short term basic living needs to eligible veterans, spouses, dependent children and widows on emergency basis.  The individual applying for assistance will need to stop by the office and fill out the application before the 1st Tuesday of the month.


  • DD214 (or equivalent)

  • Proof of residency (mail with name and address or lease)

  • Proof of household income (check stub)

  • Current monthly bills​

  • Must be Putnam County resident for min. of 90 days.

bottom of page